Exclusive Day Trip on Sydney Harbour
The Japanese Submarine Attack on Sydney Harbour
An Exclusive Day Trip on the Harbour
The attack on Sydney Harbour by midget submarines of the Imperial Japanese Navy, on the night of 31st May 1942, brought the war to Australia’s doorstep.
Battle Honours Australia (BHA) offers, for interested groups, a ‘Battlefield Tour On Water’ that tracks that submarine attack.
Peter Sweeney, BHA co-owner, military historian and battlefield tour guide, provides a commentary on the events of the night of 31st May – 1st June. The commentary is based on Australian author Peter Grose’s book A Very Rude Awakening: The night the Japanese midget subs came to Sydney, published by Allen & Unwin and Peter’s extensive research.
The tour comprises:
- 4 hour cruise: dep 11am / return 3pm.
- Either a buffet style or a 2 course meal with two alternating choices of meal types. Coffee and biscuits served just after boarding. Where the numbers are higher, say 80, the served sit down meal is preferable to make it more comfortable to move around.
- Gluten free etc. requirements are catered for with advance notice.
- Cash bar at Seniors prices.
- Historical commentary following the key sites around the Harbour.
- Departure / Return Point is King Street Wharf No. 6, however a more convenient ferry wharf could be arranged subject to Sydney Ferries approval.
Books and a dvd by the author Peter Grose on the Sydney Harbour Attack and his book on the Raid on Darwin are made available for individual purchase separately.
60 persons - $70 per head.
70 persons - $65 per head.
80 persons - $60 per head.
To arrange a cruise please contact BHA on email@example.com
|Name:||Battle Honours Australia|
|Phone No:||+61 (0) 438 871 714|