Historical Aircraft Restoration Society
The Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) is an all volunteer group of aviation professionals and enthusiasts located at Wollongong Airport in Albion Park, just south of Wollongong.
Their collection of aircraft at HARS is extensive. There are civilian airliners from the “Southern Cross II” (a faithful replica Fokker F.VIIb/3m trimotor) through three flying C-47 / DC-3 aircraft (one of which is the “Hawdon”, TAA’s first aircraft), DC-4, Convair 440, Super Constellation and Boeing 747-438. There are historic military aircraft as well. A Catalina( Flyable), two Caribou ( Flyable), three P-2 Neptunes (two flyable), a P3 Orion ( Flyable); CA-27 Australian Sabre, Canberra, two Vampires, Mirage III and an F-111C, amongst others.
The collection is being added to in 2018 with the donation by John Travolta of his personal vintage Qantas Boeing 707.
This is an escorted tour from and returning to Central Railway Station.
Itinerary & Timings
- 09:27 South Coast Line train from Central Station
- 11:29 Arrive Albion Park Station, 500m walk to HARS
- 11:45 HARS Welcome and begin Museum Tour
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:15 Continue inspection of historical aircraft
- 15:15 South Coast Line train from Albion Park
- 17:04 Arrive Central Station
- HARS entry fee and tour
- Tea/Coffee on arrival at HARS
- Opal card train tickets
- $75 per person